[imp] login problems imap only

Thad Marsh thad@marshtek.com
Sun Nov 3 19:29:57 PST 2002

I am running split dns on the same box.=20
The "internal"  has the correct dns entry and I am able to get to it =
from othe machines on the internal subnet.
On hermes dig returns correct ip for both localhost and =
hermes.marshtek.net
Thast whats weird...
 =20
-----Original Message-----
From: Cliff Green [mailto:green@UMDNJ.EDU]
Sent: Sunday, November 03, 2002 1:56 PM
To: imp@lists.horde.org
Subject: RE: [imp] login problems imap only

Quoting Thad Marsh <thad@marshtek.com>:

> So i put the ip address in the servers.php and it worked.
> I cant believe this was the problem as i set this up identical to a =
working
> imap server, but i glad you helped locate it.
> Now where do I look for the cause of the connetion refused for =
localhost and
> hermes.marshtek.net?

I'd start with checking name resolution:  since hermes.marshtek.net is =
not in
the DNS system, is it at least in your hosts file?  What do your other =
imap
clients use?  Does it go by another name?

> and is there any harm in just leaving the ip in servers.php?

Probably not, if this is the only client for it.

Cliff Green
Academic Computing Services - UMDNJ
Signature under NDA