[imp] Allowing users change their fromaddresses??

David david@family.net.nz
Tue Nov 5 02:50:18 2002

Hi,

I want to allow users to be able to change their from address.

I have trolled through the mail list etc and there are plenty of
comments about disabling it. I assume it is enabled by default? I may
have changed something when I installed IMP (3.1) but I have gone
through my notes and can't find any trace of what I did if I did do
anything.

The settings ../horde/imp/config/prefs.php  are not locked. The configs
are included below.

The "from" field appears in the compose window with "default identity"
following in brackets but is not editable.

I have spent most of my spare time over several days trying to solve
what I have/haven't done and would appreciate it if someone could steer
me in the right direction.

The background for wanting to enable this is that users on the mail
server are identified by a number and alias tables are used to map the
email address to the user number. It works fine but when IMP is used to
compose an email it loads the login number obviously and not the email
address.

Any comments appreciated.

-David.

../horde/imp/config/conf.php

* NB: If users are allowed to change their fromaddresses (not fullnames,
 * though), and they have one set, this will be overridden.

../horde/imp/config/prefs.php

// user full name for From: line
// see also $conf['hooks']['fullname'] in conf.php
$_prefs['fullname'] = array(
    'value' => '',
    'locked' => false,
    'shared' => true,
    'type' => 'implicit'
);

// user preferred email address for From: line
// see also $conf['hooks']['from'] in conf.php
$_prefs['from_addr'] = array(
    'value' => '',
    'locked' => false,
    'shared' => true,
    'type' => 'implicit'
);

// user preferred email address for Reply-To:, if different from From:
$_prefs['replyto_addr'] = array(
    'value' => '',
    'locked' => false,
    'shared' => true,