[imp] trouble sending mail

Travis tgarriso@mchsi.com
Wed Nov 6 03:15:34 2002

> Quoting Travis <tgarriso@mchsi.com>:

>> Ok, Sending mail works, thanks to Scotts post on May 3, 2002 "[imp]
>> Problem sending mail $actionID='NO_ACTION'". His solution was "I went
>> into
>> templates/compose/compose.inc and changed the form to 'GET' as
opposed
>> to 'POST' any everything works!!!" Thanks Scott.

> This is not a correct solution.  While it solved your immediate
problem,
> it will break other IMP functionailty like sending attachments.

> This is covered in the list archives before -- you might want to
research
> further in the archives.

> There is some underlying problem with your web server or php
installation
> that is causing this problem.  Your work-around may be of short term
help
> but it will probably cause more problems down the road.

> --
> Eric Rostetter
> The Department of Physics
> The University of Texas at Austin

> Why get even? Get odd!

I really figured out the problem this time. I was talking to a php
programmer and he told me the solution. Inside /etc/php.ini you have to
turn on register_globals. I tried this and it worked great. I tried
e-mails with attachments and everything works. Hope this will help
somebody else too.

Travis Garrison
Ava R-1 Schools