[imp] default values instead of hidden fields

Richard Zuidhof rzuidhof@zonnet.nl
Wed Nov 6 12:41:58 2002

I send this in html because the plain text below was rejected when I sent it from IMP as well as from Outlook Express.

I want to remove hidden values from a login form. But without the
server/port values I can not login anymore. I could not find where to
set default settings.
        <input type="hidden" name="server" value="imap.name.com" />
        <input type="hidden" name="port" value="143" />

The following value seemed necessary to load the users prefs.
        <input type="hidden" name="realm" value="name.com" />
And the maildomain was also necessary otherwise the default sender
address was incomplete.
        <input type="hidden" name="maildomain" value="name.com" />

How can I set all this to a default so I don't need the hidden value
anymore?

thanks.

Richard