[imp] configuration questions

Michael Marziani michaelm@kw.com
Wed Nov 6 14:37:02 2002

Before you ask another question, read the FAQ:

http://www.horde.org/faq/

And read "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way":

These are both linked to from horde's mailing list page.

On to the question...

> From: Charles Willmore [mailto:mecha_borys@yahoo.com]
>
> I have configured imp / php4 / postgresql (tried mysql
> as well) and really am stuck.

More info on versions please.  Specifically which version of:

horde
imp
php
apache
postgresql (fyi, mysql will be easier to set up)

> when I try execute myserver\horde\setup.php3 I get the
> message that I am to go to the top level of my
> installation and run "sh ./install.sh".  I found the

Looks like you're running an older version of the horde application
framework.  I'd recomment using the latest stable version (2.1).

> was not there.  OK, I download a tar.gz (I use debian
> and so apt-getted the installation to begin with) and
> copied the imp/config directory over.

I'd recommend downloading everything and installing from source tar.gz's
(except mysql, assuming you're using debian 3.0 that has a new enough
version).

> Any help / advice is appreciated.

Next time please read all the install docs and FAQs, and ask a specific
question about a problem you are having.  Just saying "it doesn't work"
doesn't help.  Thanks.

-Michael