[imp] Viewing PGP siogned messages not working properly in CVS HEAD

Gary Windham windhamg@email.arizona.edu
Tue Nov 19 18:30:32 2002

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu>:

> Quoting Gary Windham <windhamg@email.arizona.edu>:
>
> | Yes, I did update Horde CVS...I checked the file you mentioned, and it's
> | at the latest version (1.67).  I'll test signing a message in mutt and
> | see if I have any better luck.
> |
> | BTW, this message has been signed using Evolution 1.2.0, and here's my
> | public key:
>
> OK.  *MAYBE* I have this figured out by now.  Ugh.  Check here for what I
> did:
> http://lists.horde.org/archives/cvs/Week-of-Mon-20021118/017169.html
> http://lists.horde.org/archives/cvs/Week-of-Mon-20021118/017170.html
>
> Specifically, your test message is the only message I could find that
> would NOT verify correctly.  Other messages sent by Ximian Evolution (e.g.
> 1.0.5) work just fine (at least the examples I have).
>
> Just to note, and I think I have mentioned this before, I personally take
> Mutt to be the "testbed" for PGP activity since the RFCs were written by
> Michael Elkins (original author of Mutt) and it was one of the first MUAs
> to integrate support with PGP, especially GnuPG/OpenPGP, which is what we
> support.
>
> But the more feedback, the merrier, so keep the reports coming in.
>
> michael

Great job!!  Most everything seems to be interoperating happily now...I tried
signing messages in Mutt, Sylpheed, and Evolution, and IMP verifies all of 'em
now.  The other MUA's seem to be happy with IMP's signatures as well..

Now for a small "but" :) ...

I went on to test signing + encrypting.  IMP decrypted, and verified the
signatures of, messages generated in Sylpheed and Evolution, but didn't quite
get it right with Mutt.  When I sent a signed + encrypted message in Mutt
(1.4i), IMP successfully decrypted it, but didn't seem to parse the MIME part
containing the signature correctly--it didn't even report a signature being present.

Things are looking a lot better, though...thanks for all the work, Michael!

--Gary

--
Gary Windham
Systems Programmer, Principal