[imp] Re: IMP and Cyrus - unencrypted login to localhost impossible?

Markus Gaugusch markus@gaugusch.at
Thu Nov 21 07:20:44 2002

On Nov 21, Horst Simon <Horst.Simon@oz.quest.com> wrote:
> I hope there is someone with a solution to this one. I have the same
> problem, where imp wants to authenticate to sasldb2, but not to pam,
> every other client works ok. It is probably hard coded into php.
I have come to another conclusion: IMP (PHP) asks the server of known auth
mechs. Since CRAM-MD5 is stronger than plain, it doesn't use plain. I'll
try to disable other auth mechs an the cyrus server, but it is bad
nevertheless.

Markus