[imp] General Solution for: PEAR archive for Horde/Imp CVS

Michael Sims mhsims@midsouth.rr.com
Thu Nov 21 15:06:06 2002

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002 00:47:24 +1300, you wrote:

>As that system doesn't work on windows. I have some instructions here:
>http://www.graftonhall.co.nz/mikes/Apache-Mysql-Php-Horde/Apache-PHP-Hor=
de-Win2K.html#PEAR-install

>And a different pear install script that bootstaps PEAR and fetches =
everything
>needed for Horde to work.

I just took a quick glance at your PEAR install.php script for Windows
and I noticed that you are installing both Crypt_HCEMD5 and
HTML_Select from cvs.php.net, and not from pear.php.net.  This
confirms what I was saying, which was that using the pear package
installer and the packages from pear.php.net are NOT sufficient to get
a working PEAR repository for Horde/Imp CVS.

I think it's far from obvious that Horde/Imp requires some PEAR
packages from pear.php.net and some from the CVS version of PHP4 (not
to be confused with the CVS version of PEAR).  Just to be clear, I'm
not complaining about this as I understand that running development
versions of software is going to involve a lot of extra work and
patience, but it might make things easier on people if there was a
complete PEAR archive available in one location for the CVS versions
of Horde/Imp.

Thanks again for your help Mike...