[imp] Problem with viewing inline images.

Hans de Groot imp@dandy.nl
Fri Nov 22 11:46:51 2002

I am running the version from last weekend.
I am not an expert in CVS but I ran update for imp and horde but during that
update some things went wrong. (I got some errors and found them in this list
and according to someone it was a merge error (ie the <<<<< and >>>> are still
there). So I tried to locate all the files that went wrong, moved them away and
re ran cvs update this time it worked. but I does leave me wondering if there
are other files that are the wrong version or not.

But I asume when I run cvs update I get the head version of horde/imp right?
anyway the hours I spend in getting my attachents to run again. and the fact no
one else seems to have this problem drives me crazy. Specially if you view the
message source all the infomation is there.

unless c-client really handles all the taking appart of the email I think there
must be something wrong with imp. Also the message list shows that there is an
attachement, when I print some log lines is the viewer.php it also "sees" a
image/jpeg type in the message , but than it just does nothing. So imp knows
about the attachment but somefunction does not like it and does not even return
a "unreadble atachment" or something like it, it just stays quiet.

I thought maybe I could hack it but horde and imp are not small programs :-) so
after an evening of trying to discover te "route" a message takes I just gave up.

I send a message with 1 inline and 1 attachement from imp it self to imp.

when I tested what /horde/lib/MIME/viewer.php saw 3 images passed by (strange rigth)

Na check mime_part = Object
Na drivers test mime tpy e= multipart/mixed

Start :::
Na check mime_part = Object
Na drivers test mime tpy e= text/plain

Start :::
Na check mime_part = Object
Na drivers test mime tpy e= image/jpeg

Start :::
Na check mime_part = Object
Na drivers test mime tpy e= image/jpeg

Start :::
Na check mime_part = Object
Na drivers test mime tpy e= image/jpeg

Then I checked to see whay happened in imp/lib/MIME/Viewer/images.php

and the first one was return right away by this part:

     if ($contents->viewAsAttachment()) {
            return parent::render($mime);
        }

when I dumped this part to a file it was teh same pciture as I attached as inline .

The next to image/jpg did not get returned by this function but just seems to
get ingnored by the rest of the code. I think there should have been at least a
mention of a bad or unvieuwable mimetype. but there is no trace what so ever in
the generated message. But than again is if was a code problem why am I the only
one not seeing my atatchments?

Sorry for the long message.

Regards

Hans de Groot