[imp] expanding addresses with imp/turba

Zachary Denison zacharydenison@yahoo.com
Fri Nov 22 15:31:21 2002

Hello,

I am using IMP with turba installed and I would like
to modify the expand address feature in the compose
window of IMP, which I believe is calling back to
turba.  The feature I would like to change is the
following:  When a user searches for an address, it
gets written as:

"Zachary Denison, zachary" <zachary@example.com>

I would like to modify the code or config files to
strip the ", zachary" portion of the address so that
it looks only like this:

"Zachary Denison" <zachary@example.com>

I have looked around in the source code, and tried to
trace back what exactly is being passed to
imap_rfc822_write_address but I am having trouble
tracing the code back to find out exactly what I need
to change.... Does anyone know better than I do what
files would need to be changed for me to achieve the
desired functionality ?  Any pointer in the right
direction would be appreciated.

Thank you.