[imp] expanding addresses with imp/turba

Nate Mollring nmollring@cennecs.org
Fri Nov 22 16:27:36 2002

Quoting Zachary Denison <zacharydenison@yahoo.com>:

> Hello,
>
> I am using IMP with turba installed and I would like
> to modify the expand address feature in the compose
> window of IMP, which I believe is calling back to
> turba.  The feature I would like to change is the
> following:  When a user searches for an address, it
> gets written as:
>
> "Zachary Denison, zachary" <zachary@example.com>
>
> I would like to modify the code or config files to
> strip the ", zachary" portion of the address so that
> it looks only like this:
>
> "Zachary Denison" <zachary@example.com>
>
> I have looked around in the source code, and tried to
> trace back what exactly is being passed to
> imap_rfc822_write_address but I am having trouble
> tracing the code back to find out exactly what I need
> to change.... Does anyone know better than I do what
> files would need to be changed for me to achieve the
> desired functionality ?  Any pointer in the right
> direction would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you.
What does the entry in the turba addressbook look like for a given expanded
address?  It looks like the entry in the addressbook might be where the trouble
is(this can happen if you import into the turba addressbook).  If the name
field contains "Zachary Denison, zachary" then that will be used when it's
expanded.  Check your addressbook.
Nate