[imp] Filters not working when INBOX is refreshed

Phil Cryer phil@cryer.us
Fri Nov 22 16:30:50 2002

First let me say that I think Horde/IMP/Turba/etc is amazing.  I'm running it on
a P3-550Mhz 256M Slackware 8.1 box, and I couldn't't be happier with it.  It
took me some time to get all the requirements installed/configured, but now that
I'm into Horde I really enjoy it.

I am having the issue with Filters not being applied unless I manually click
"Apply filters on INBOX".  When I do that, they works fine, but I would like it
to Apply filters automatically whenever the INBOX gets new mail or whenever I
login (I have both boxes checked in my Options).  When I have Horde on the
'Summary' screen (/horde) the INBOX will increase in number when new mail
arrives, so I assume this means it's being refreshed.  I'd like it to Apply the
filters and move the mail at that point, so from the Summary page I can tell
what Folder has new mail, so I can determine the urgency of it.

I want to try the fix talked about here:

>  Quoting Rick Irvine <irvine@purdue.edu>:
>
>  | > I am looking into a problem that has been reported by a small
>  | > percentage of users.
>  | >
>  | > They say that their mail filters are not applied at login.  The
>  | > filters work if the manually trigger the filtering.
>
>  Try the fix I just committed to RELENG_3.
>
>  michael

[http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=aoptcj%24289n%241%40FreeBSD.csie.NCTU.edu.tw&rnum=43&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dfilters%2Bgroup:mailing.www.horde-imp%26start%3D40%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26selm%3Daoptcj%2524289n%25241%2540FreeBSD.csie.NCTU.edu.tw%26rnum%3D43]

So my question is: where is RELENG_3 (I've hunted through cvs.horde.org for it)
and what file do I need for the fix?  Can I just grab the file, backup my
current file, put this in there to test it?  Or do I need to edit a file and add
some code?

Thanks for the help.