[imp] how to reset credential in the middle of session

Sun Nov 24 21:04:36 2002

Quoting Zachary Denison <zacharydenison@yahoo.com>:

> I have a horde/imp which I am using with an LDAP
> server installation and I have written some custom
> pages for users to change their passwords and vacation
> message.

Have you looked at the sork modules (http://www.horde.org/sork/) which
already provide this functionality?

> I use the horde/imp login functionality, and
> I grab the users password using
> Auth::getCredential("password") in order to login to
> other services, such as ldap and sql server.   This
> works fine except on the page where I allow the user
> to change his password.  Then it seems like
> getCredential still has the old password cached which
> makes sense... How can I reset the credential, I see
> no function for setCredential in Auth.php.  the way it
> is currently I have to logout, and then relogin with
> the new password for the rest of the website to work
> (the imap/horde stuff and the other custom pages I
> wrote).  Does anyone have any ideas what I could do
> here, should I write a setCredential function?

I know of no way to do this.  The sork module assumes you will simply logout
and back in again also.  If you find/create a way, I would be most interested
in it.

The only idea I've had so far is a redirect to the logout script.  But that
isn't really what you are asking for.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics