[imp] horde+imp and ldap?

Klavs Klavsen kl@vsen.dk
Sun Nov 24 14:31:18 2002

Hi guys,

I can read from the INSTALL docs, that horde and imp supports the
storing of preferences and so on in an LDAP tree (instead of MySQL).

However, when I follow the install docs for horde, it says I'm to run a
scripts/db/ file for the chosen db - even though I wanted to use LDAP.

Do I need both MySQL, and LDAP?

If so, what can I store where? Can mysql be for session data only? and
if so, couldn't I just set it to use php4's (file-based) session
handling and thus spare myself a mysql installation ?

I would be very glad to hear your input on this matter.