[imp] horde+imp and ldap?

Syahrul Sazli Shaharir sazli@myjaring.net
Sun Nov 24 18:19:37 2002

Memetik/Petikan Klavs Klavsen <kl@vsen.dk>:

> I can read from the INSTALL docs, that horde and imp supports the
> storing of preferences and so on in an LDAP tree (instead of MySQL).
>
> However, when I follow the install docs for horde, it says I'm to run a
> scripts/db/ file for the chosen db - even though I wanted to use LDAP.

You don't need to. Just populate an LDAP tree with entries having
hordePerson objectclass. (See scripts/ldap/horde.schema), and configure
$conf['prefs'] driver & params accordingly (See config/horde.php).

> Do I need both MySQL, and LDAP?

No.

> If so, what can I store where? Can mysql be for session data only? and
> if so, couldn't I just set it to use php4's (file-based) session
> handling and thus spare myself a mysql installation ?

File-based session is what ppl usually use, and good enough.

--sazli
cd /open/source; make world
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x06D4113E
Key fingerprint = 0776 CC02 2C3F C0FF 7312  0C3E 0593 AF64 06D4 113E