[imp] Re: Does IMP have a way to have data file folders shared?

Ryan Gallagher ryan@studiesabroad.com
Thu Nov 28 22:22:35 2002

Ooops... forgot to put the list in the To field.  Wish someone would alter the
default reply-to in mailman ;-)  <wink> <nudge>

----- Forwarded message from Ryan Gallagher <ryan@studiesabroad.com> -----
    Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 16:14:38 -0600
    From: Ryan Gallagher <ryan@studiesabroad.com>
 Subject: Re: [imp] Re: Does IMP have a way to have data file folders shared?
      To: Derek Colley <derek@netsimple.net>

Quoting Derek Colley <derek@netsimple.net>:

> I'm not sure why you want to use IMP as a file server...?
> You could try the File Manager app at http://www.horde.org/gollem.
>
> Rgds,
> Derek

Probably very sage advice, just wanted to add howver, that shared folders in IMP
are already possible provided you run an IMAP server supporting this concept
(Cyrus is a good example).  We use it in our implementation so that things like
list subscriptions that a whole department should have access to only requires
one subscription to the list.  But alas, these shared folders are specific to
email type data.

Maybe you could implement a IMP<->Gollem hack to display the gollem file shares
inside of the "folders" listing.  You could copy mail out to a text file in
these shares, save attachments out as well, or if you "open" one, horde could
simply go into gollem mode.

--
Ryan T. Gallagher
ryan@studiesabroad.com