[imp] changing the uid

eculp@encontacto.net eculp@encontacto.net
Fri Nov 29 15:53:13 2002

Quoting dimitra deka <dimi@ucnet.uoc.gr>:
< SNIP >

 | een>  | Why is that? Imp works like that? Because I tried to enter to an
 | other
 | een>  | application with my new uid and I had no problem!
 |
 | een> Your authentication is being handled by courier imap not directly by
 | IMP.
 | een> In your courier/authldaprc file you probably have the following which
 | een> determines which attribute will be used by courier for searching.
 | een> Courier doesn't even know or care, for that matter, what your uid is
 | ;-)
 |
 | een> LDAP_MAIL               mail
 |
 | een> AFAIK, that is why.
 |
 | een> Bottom line, what I do is have several different entries in my ldap
 | directory
 | een> with different uid's and email's but with the same homeDirectory.  That
 | way
 | een> all the mail goes to the same place. Remember you are interacting with
 | ldap,
 | een> courier and imp.
 |
 | een> ed

 | I don't see the lines!!!

I apologize.  "Bottom line" was meant to be synonymous with "In summery"
I am going to assume that you want to see a couple of examples. I'm
attaching directory listings for three different emails that are all
delivered to the same Maildir.  I'm using the courier suite and maildrop
for delivery so, YMMV, but worse case, it should give you an idea.  There
is probably a better way of doing it but this works for me.

ed