[imp] Problems with imap/ssl

Nigel Cass N.Cass@Hull.ac.uk
Fri Nov 29 10:39:51 2002

All.

I am having a problem with getting imp to connect to a test imap server
that is running with ssl.

The relevant lines from servers.php are as below.

'name' => 'SSL - Test Cyrus IMAP Server',
'server' => 'xxxxx.hull.ac.uk',
'protocol' => 'imap/ssl',
'port' => 993,

I am using a self signed certificate on the imap server and so I know
that I will need to use imap/ssl/novalidate-cert (although I have tried
that as well).

The problem I am having is that imp does not seem to be even attempting
to connect to the server it is just coming back with the normal error on
the login screen. ->

"Login failed for some reason. Most likely your username or password was
entered incorrectly."

And in horde.log.

Nov 29 10:26:08 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN 150.237.170.112 to
xxxxx.hull.ac.uk:993[imap/ssl] as adsci [on line 282 of
"/usr/local/apache/htdocs/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php"]

In my php errors log file I get.

[29-Nov-2002 10:26:08] PHP Notice:  Can't open mailbox
{xxxxx.hull.ac.uk:993/imap/ssl}: invalid remote specification (errflg=2)
in Unknown on line 0

Any ideas? - I'm quite sure it's something simple but just can't seem to
see it :(

The imap server is definitely working as I've connected to it via ssl
with other clients.

Help?

TYIA

p.s, STABLE versions of horde, imp and turba - nothing exciting.

Nigel Cass.