[imp] imp+imap --> very slow

Antoine Jacoutot ajacoutot@lphp.org
Mon Dec 2 10:43:50 2002

Hi !

I'm running horde+imp on Debian GNU/Linux Woody and I'm having a problem
with one of the mail accounts.
Everything works great and fast except for one of the users, who has the
biggest mailbox, logging is fast, but the INBOX page takes like 100
seconds to appear, same for all other directories, messages, address
book...
At first I though it was a uw-imapd problem (since the command "top"
shows the imapd process takes 100% CPU when this user logs in), so I
installed squirrelmail to see if the problem still occured, but it does
not !!!
Using mail clients like evolution... to check the imap server is very
fast, so I really think it the problem is coming from IMP, but I have no
idea why nor where to start looking for a solution, there's nothing in
the logs.

If you had any idea to help me out that would be great, this user just
cannot use his mailbox.

Thanks in advance.

Antoine