[imp] no conf.php for imp

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Dec 2 19:29:25 2002

Quoting Klavs Klavsen <kl@vsen.dk>:

> I've gotten my setup as far as I can (horde works and I actually see
> a login window - but it complains about not having /imp/config/conf.php
> which is absolutely correct.

Some one probably already answered this, but just in case, I'll answer
it again.  Can't hurt to get this in the archives more.

> I've checked the entire thing out from CVS HEAD - and I just
> doublechecked with the chora cvs browser, there's no
> /imp/config/conf.php :-(

Correct.  There is a conf.xml which can be used to create the proper conf.php
automatically.

> Is this a mistake or did I just miss the part of where it said - you
> generate your imp/config/conf.php like this..?

You missed that part.  See the INSTALL file.

> Before I just grab one from the 3.1 release (I hope there's one there?)

yes, but it would be out of date, and shouldn't be used.

> I would like to know how it is supposed to be done - also I'm not so
> sure the 3.1 version will be complete for the CVS HEAD version of imp.

Install Horde.  Setup Horde authentication to anything except for IMP
authentication.  Set up a Horde administrator account.  Login as that
Admin.  Go to the administration page, configuration page, select and
configure IMP as per the INSTALL file.  Install the needed conf.php it
generates.  If you want IMP authentication for Horde, set that up at
this point.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics