[imp] Attachment name corruption

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Mon Dec 2 21:57:25 2002

Quoting G G PAPAZOGLOU <grp@med.uoc.gr>:

| Hello. I have a rather simple issue, which of course can be found in the
| mailing list, but I don't think the similar cases I found apply exactly
| to my
| case, hence the post. Please forgive me if I am mistaken.
|
| I use IMP in Greece. And I noticed that ONLY when attachments with Greek
| characters in their filename
| are sent through IMP, their names are replaced with
| "UNKNOWN_PARAMETER_VALUE". Why is that?

This sounds like a PHP problem.  Only 7bit characters are allowed in MIME
header fields - any character greater must be MIME encoded.  It sounds like
your PHP is not liking a particular character in your filename.  I have
never seen this personally... it always MIME encodes names correctly for me.

michael