[imp] There was an error viewing the requested...

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Dec 5 15:13:40 2002

Quoting wurst@eminenz.ath.cx:

> > | it doesn't matter what i did before, it's happening with the same
> > | messages.

There must be something with those messages...  Any thing you can see in
common with them?

> > | anything else i can say? hmmm. cyrus/mysql syslogs are as usual when
> > | opening
> > | those mails.

How about web server logs?  Any chance there is a seg fault or php error
getting logged?  Make sure you have full php logging enabled...

Usually when I can't view a message it is because:

* malformed message (probably not the case here, since you say messages from
  the horde mailing list software)
* large message which exceeds php memory limit or execution time limit
  (and it doesn't have to be too large to do this with default settings)
* ssl compatability issues (are you using ssl)?
* bad php build which seg faults (really, a known problem...)
* bad c-client or mail server locking issues (very, very rare)
* using imapproxy and mail message has a null character in it

If none of those apply, then you need to either find some commonality
between the failing messages, or submit such messages to someone else
to search for commonalities.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics