[imp] Question about the segfaults

Marty marty at oakparkschools.org
Thu Dec 5 20:04:36 2002

Ok. I have an installed copy of IMP 3.1 on a Red Hat 6.2 box that I'm trying
to migrate on to some new hardware. THe first time I compiled everything from
source but I figured I'd use the RPM's this time rather than go through all
the compiling and it's easier to upgrade if I need to. As a result it's set up
almost exactly like the _Installation_guide_"IMP_3.0_on_RedHat_7.3"_ from the
IMP page. I started getting the segfault errors whenever I attach anything
larger than a couple hundred kilobytes so after doing my research I found the
patch that's supposed to fix that except it's a diff against PHP 4.2.3 (my RPM
is 4.1.2). I've always just compiled from source so I'm not real proficient with
RPMs and I'm wondering if there's any way to upgrade my PHP without re-doing the
whole thing. Since I can't find an RPM for PHP 4.2.3 for RH 7.3 I'm assuming I'll have to compile it from source and apply the patch. Thanks for any help.

Marty