[imp] new IMP installation administration

Murarka, Sumeet SMurarka at ATECGroup.com
Fri Dec 6 20:40:23 2002

Horde 2.1, IMP 3.1

> > I added a user and encrypted the user name... Still can't
> login as a
> > basic user. You mentioned that you don't use SQL. How do I
> configure
> > system user base as the authentication?
>
> Depends on Horde version.  I setup Horde to use IMP
> authentication, then setup IMP to authenticate off my
> mailserver (which uses the system login procedures).  But
> your system is perhaps different...

I would prefer to have as you have listed above. What are my steps. My
mailserver is sendmail.

> > The CVS version that has admin pages is in HEAD? If so I
> want to admin
> > by console, add users, etc. Where to from here?
>
> Yes, basically.  There was limited admin in 2.0 (admin
> configuration option, and 1 admin script), but not too
> useful.  In CVS HEAD there is a nice admin system.
>
> In Horde 2.1 (which I bet you have) there was no admin interface.
>
> So just use your normal sql commands to create/change users,
> and configure your Horde to use sql.  (yeah, sounds easy, but
> may not be)

With SQL I am OK. However the Authentication doesn't seem to work. I
have retested with a new user and get "Your mail session has expired.
Please login again." What seems to be happening is that sendmail and
imap are not authenticating the same way as imp (not trying to be
obvious).