[imp] new IMP installation administration

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Dec 6 21:04:04 2002

Quoting "Murarka, Sumeet" <SMurarka@ATECGroup.com>:

> > Depends on Horde version.  I setup Horde to use IMP
> > authentication, then setup IMP to authenticate off my
> > mailserver (which uses the system login procedures).  But
> > your system is perhaps different...
>
> I would prefer to have as you have listed above. What are my steps. My
> mailserver is sendmail.

In horde/config/horde.php, do as it says: leave the $conf['auth'] settings
blank.  Then edit horde/config/registry.php and do as it says: uncomment the
auth/login/logout lines.

Then you need to configure IMP.  So go to horde/imp/config/ and edit the
files as they say.  The most important file is the servers.php file, followed
by the conf.php file.

> With SQL I am OK. However the Authentication doesn't seem to work. I
> have retested with a new user and get "Your mail session has expired.

That doesn't mean the login didn't work.  It means your session has
expired...

> Please login again." What seems to be happening is that sendmail and
> imap are not authenticating the same way as imp (not trying to be
> obvious).

No idea.

--
Eric Rostetter