[imp] Error viewing HTML email

Cliff Green green at UMDNJ.EDU
Fri Dec 6 23:13:47 2002

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu>:

> Quoting Cliff Green <green@UMDNJ.EDU>:
>
> | Now to figure out what killed s/mime signing over the last week.
>
> We don't have S/MIME signing in IMP, do we?

I've had a patch that enabled s/mime for a few months.

> If you have a local patch, would you mind sharing this with the rest of us?

I've been reluctant to submit it because it's incomplete: signing of a simple
text message works (worked) reliably, but signing a message with attachment(s)
fails, encryption doesn't work correctly yet, decrypting leaves a bit to be
desired, there's no code yet for acquiring correspondents' public keys (though
I've added a field in turba).

> (Is this something Mike Cochrane did previously and I just missed it?)

No, but I've sent Mike a copy.

> The
> MIME_Message/MIME_Part/MIME_Structure stuff has been tweaked a bit in the
> past few days so any existing code probably won't work without a bit of
> modification.

That may well be it - I get an error like:
 [06-Dec-2002 18:10:54] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function on a
 non-object in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php on line 1022

after entering the passphrase for my private key and compose.php tries to send
the message;  at that point, the compose window blanks but doesn't close.

If I can fix this, do you still want just the signing portion(s)?

Cliff Green
Academic Computing Services - UMDNJ
Signature under NDA