[imp] Imp timesout when connecting via IMAP to localhost

Taylor Dondich tdondich at majiknetworks.com
Mon Dec 9 08:17:11 2002

I just rebooted my server and I'm getting the strangest error.  When
using imp to login to the localhost IMAP server, it times out.  Yet, any
other web-imap client on the server logs in fine.   I've verified IMAP
connectivity via other means (remote client, etc) and they all work.
 IMP will connect via POP3, but not IMAP.  Running the IMP test for IMAP
returns this:

array(1) {
  [0]=>
  string(49) "[CLOSED] IMAP connection broken (server response)"
}

Does anyone have any ideas on how this could happen?  This is
unfortunately a production server and I need to get to the bottom of
this quickly.  Thanks for any suggestions...

Taylor