[imp] LDAP Prefs backend

Brian Clark bclark at protocolusa.com
Mon Dec 9 16:49:32 PST 2002

Hello,

I am running IMP 3.1 and am having problems getting the LDAP Prefs
backend working. My users don't have write access, so I have it setup
for the ldap manager user to do the writes for them. I keep getting
errors like this:**
*Warning*: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
*/var/www/html/horde/lib/Prefs/ldap.php* on line *329*
*Warning*: LDAP: modify operation could not be completed. in
*/var/www/html/horde/lib/Prefs/ldap.php* on line *415

*In going through the /horde/config/horde.php file, I noticed that you
ask for the ldap information like this:
$conf['prefs']['params']['rootdn'] = 'cn=root, dc=protocolusa, dc=com';
$conf['prefs']['params']['username'] = 'root';
$conf['prefs']['params']['password'] = 'password';

This confuses me a little. I use OpenLDAP 2.0.23 and in the slapd.conf
file, no username is specified with the rootdn. That is not necessary,
as the rootdn contains the username (root, as I have it configured
above). I tried setting this up with the username pref blank and just
leaving the cn=root  in the rootdn pref, but that didn't help things.

My question is what, EXACTLY, should be in the above prefs, as they
relate to the slapd.conf file?

Thanks,
Brian!