[imp] LDAP Prefs backend

Syahrul Sazli Shaharir sazli at myjaring.net
Mon Dec 9 17:50:51 PST 2002

Memetik/Petikan Brian Clark <bclark@protocolusa.com>:

> I am running IMP 3.1 and am having problems getting the LDAP Prefs
> backend working. My users don't have write access, so I have it setup
> for the ldap manager user to do the writes for them. I keep getting
> errors like this:**
> *Warning*: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
> */var/www/html/horde/lib/Prefs/ldap.php* on line *329*
> *Warning*: LDAP: modify operation could not be completed. in
> */var/www/html/horde/lib/Prefs/ldap.php* on line *415

What does your slapd logs say? Make sure you see the conn, SRCH and MOD
attempts go through successfuly. Failed modify(s) are normally due to
misconfiguration in openldap, e.g. schema & ACLs, and if so errors should
turn up in logs (even with loglevel 0 I think -- if not try play around
with slapd's loglevel). Also try configure syslog for horde & ldap in same
facility/logfile, so that you can easily relate between the 2 errors.

> *In going through the /horde/config/horde.php file, I noticed that you
>
> ask for the ldap information like this:
> $conf['prefs']['params']['rootdn'] = 'cn=root, dc=protocolusa,
> dc=com';
> $conf['prefs']['params']['username'] = 'root';
> $conf['prefs']['params']['password'] = 'password';

Not sure about 'username', I usually just leave it as is. Just put the
right combination of rootdn and password. (e.g. 'rootdn' and 'rootpw' in
slapd.conf).

--sazli
cd /open/source; make world
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x06D4113E
Key fingerprint = 0776 CC02 2C3F C0FF 7312  0C3E 0593 AF64 06D4 113E