[imp] CVS multiple account - bug or feature ?

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Dec 9 15:29:17 PST 2002

Quoting Cedric Tardif <sysadmin@destination.ca>:

> Hi,
>
> If i log in my imap account and i delete a message it is deleted from the
> inbox and moved to the trash.

This is normal if you configured it to do that.

> If i log in my pop3 account and i delete a message it is deleted from the
> server.

Pop3 does support folders, so the only option is to delete it.  There can
be no trash folder support for pop3 since there is no folder support for
pop3.

> If i log in my imap account and i retrieve mail for a pop3 account the
> messsage from the pop3 mailbox is moved to trash but not deleted from the
> server.

Since you are back to using IMAP this would again be normal, if setup that
way.

> You still say it a configuration issue ?

I never said it was a confuration issue.  I said this was configurable,
and that if you did configure it this way then it was the normal and expected
result.

> If you tell me where to correct that please.

Don't know.  Could be in your configuration (horde/imp/config/prefs.php) or
in your preferences (login, go to Options, find the settings).  Or it could
be elsewhere.

> Regards
> Cedric
>
> At 16:27 06/12/02, you wrote:
> >Quoting Cedric Tardif <sysadmin@destination.ca>:
> >
> >> But if i delete de message it go to my trash box but is not deleted on the
> >> POP3 server, is this normal ?
> >
> >Whether it is "marked as deleted" or "moved to trash folder" is a
> >configuration issue and/or a user preference (option).  So both would
> >be considered normal.
> >
> >So unless you explicitly set it one way and it is acting in the opposite
> >way then it is working as expected/configured.
> >
> >I can't tell from your posting whether it is working right or not....

Still stand by that.  You've not provided enough info to help.  For example,
is this only for you, or for all users?  What are your options settings?
etc.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics