[imp] upgrades RH 7.1 to 7.3

Chris Swenson cswenson at students.curry.edu
Tue Dec 10 10:27:04 PST 2002

I would like to upgrade my RH 7.1 server from 7.1 to 7.3.  I am running imp
3.1, horde 2.1 php 4.1.2.  I was just planning on dropping the RH cd in and
letting the upgrade run.  Does this raise any red flags to anyone as far as
imp/horde go.

For the past 3 years I have simple formatted the server and started from
scratch instead of upgrading.  For some reason people now want me to preserve
their email, web stuff and what nots.

I am up to date on system patches, and I have a test server mirroring my
production machine that I will do this on first, (as well as proven backups).
There are just so many things in 7.3 that are not in 7.1 that doing a whole
bunch of piece meal upgrades seemed dumb.

Thank you for your suggestions.
--
Chris Swenson