[imp] Blacklist problem

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Tue Dec 10 14:12:45 PST 2002

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Cedric Tardif wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> CVS 5 day old horde/imp
>
> I have a user that when he reached 600 blacklisted address.
>
> Now if he add a 601 filter the filter setting is reseted and he only have 1 filter il the blacklist.
>
> It is possible to limit the number of filter a user can create and why the present maximum is 600 ?

I posted the same problem a week or two ago with Horde-2.1/IMP-3.1.
Assuming this is the same problem I ran into, the problem is you're
overflowing the storage capability of horde_prefs.pref_value which is
defined as type text.  On my installation, I've done nothing about this
yet, as I'm not sure I want users to define so many blacklisted addresses.
IMO, imp isn't the best place to do this.  The horde/imp code really ought
to be modified to know (it'd probably all have to be configured) the
storage limits of the db backend and not overflow them.