[imp] poppassd + passwd: I'm not able to change my password

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Dec 11 09:47:05 PST 2002

Quoting Paolo Cavicchini <p.cavicchini@ifinet.it>:

> Hello,
> I installed poppassd and passwd.

This should be posted to the sork mailing list.

> Now when I try to change my password, Horde says me:
>
> "Failure in changing password : 500 Old password is incorrect."
>
> The old passsword is obviously correct.

Obviously?

> Please, has anyone encountered the same problem?

Yes, but for various reasons.  So I can't give you an single answer.  Could
be realm issues?  Could be broken poppassd?  Could be case of username or
password isn't right?  Lots of possible solutions.

Does poppassd log anything to the log files on the server to indicate what
the error may be?

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics