[imp] Re: ImapProxy at medium-sized installation.

Paul Russell prussell at nd.edu
Wed Dec 11 21:02:33 PST 2002

We are evaluating IMP as a replacement for our current webmail service,
and attempted to implement ImapProxy. We encountered a "hung" condition
when a user sent a message with an attachment and attempted to save a
copy of the message and attachment in a folder on the IMAP server. One
of our system engineers dug into the code and came to the conclusion
that ImapProxy does not properly implement support for the IMAP APPEND
command.

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator