R: [imp] Re: language setting in horde

Marc Fellman mfellman at xs4all.nl
Fri Dec 13 12:33:17 PST 2002

Hi All,

> ----- Bericht van p.cavicchini@ifinet.it ---------
>     Datum: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 12:04:24 +0100
>       Van: Paolo Cavicchini <p.cavicchini@ifinet.it>
> Antwoorden aan:Paolo Cavicchini <p.cavicchini@ifinet.it>
>  Onderwerp: R: [imp] Re: language setting in horde
>       Aan: 'Ari Heikkinen' <aheikin@dlr.pspt.fi>, 'IMP Mailing List'
<imp@lists.horde.org>

> I've got the opposite problem...
> I haven't changed any of my original setting ('en_US'), but I see all Horda
> (IMP, Turba, Kronolith, Nag) in Italian.
> The only pages I don't see in Italian are those never traducted from english
> to italian (eg: Mnemo).
> I checked the actual settings: they're all 'en_US'.
> This isn't a real problem for me (this is the final result I would like to
> reach...), but I would like to know why Horda doesn't seem to consider the
> language settings.
> I believe this is because my Linux original installation was in italian
> language, but Horde should be able to change that default, isn't true?
>
> Has anyone any suggestion?

This is probably because of the default setting of the language in you're
browser. If I set this (in my case) to dutch allmost everything (all that has a
nl translation) is shown in Dutch. If I keep it the default (in my case
englisch international) I get the English text. The installation language of
you're OS probably is of litle or no influence. If you're Horde menu is in the
correct language then the browser has the correct language as a first default.
If the horde menu at the bottom is in English then my guess is that some of the
applications use the language setting of the browser and others the setting in
the preferences.

HTH

<SNIP>

--