[imp] Same addressbook on diff. mail servers

Hobbs, Richard hobbs at mongeese.co.uk
Fri Dec 13 15:04:16 PST 2002

Hello,

> > How would Horde/IMP tell that i am in fact the same user, and
> > that i want to be
> > able to access the same addressbook from all of my accounts?
>
> Well, using IMP 3.1 it should be possible by setting
> the realm in the server settings to the same String.
> This realm IMp3.1 only uses to different the users
> in its db and not to do a login at the server.

ok... so if i set the realm on two IMAP servers to be identical, then i will
share the same address book?? Even if my IMAP usernames are different? i'm not
sure how this is possible.

if it makes any difference i have set the preferences so that the user does not
have to log into Horde and then into IMP. it just goes straight to IMP.

> Execpt you have done a hack to manage it, even if
> that kind of realm handling isn't nice.

do you mean "Unless i have done a hack..."? i know that i haven't done a hack,
cos i haven't even installed the addressbook yet.

> But, even that would only work in your case if
> your imap account uses the defaultrealm of the imap server,
> as soon as you enter a realm at imap login, IMP puts the prefs
> in another dbentry.

I'm slightly confused as to what you mean here...

Thanks,
Richard.

--
Richard Hobbs
hobbs@mongeese.co.uk

"There's only one way of life, and that's your own" - The Levellers