[imp] Same addressbook on diff. mail servers

Philipp Kolloczek imp at muenster.de
Fri Dec 13 15:39:10 PST 2002

Hi !

> How would Horde/IMP tell that i am in fact the same user, and
> that i want to be
> able to access the same addressbook from all of my accounts?

Well, using IMP 3.1 it should be possible by setting
the realm in the server settings to the same String.
This realm IMp3.1 only uses to different the users
in its db and not to do a login at the server.

Execpt you have done a hack to manage it, even if
that kind of realm handling isn't nice.

But, even that would only work in your case if
your imap account uses the defaultrealm of the imap server,
as soon as you enter a realm at imap login, IMP puts the prefs
in another dbentry.

Hmmm ... someone knows how the coming versions of imp handling
realms ? The lines 'loginrealm' and 'dbrealm' should be perfekt
to handle.

Greetings
Philipp Kolloczek