R: [imp] little pop3/notls question

Paolo Cavicchini p.cavicchini at ifinet.it
Mon Dec 16 11:13:46 PST 2002

To define POP3 as default protocol, in servers.php comment out all servers
but:

$servers['pop'] = array(
    'name' => 'POP3 Server',
    'server' => 'yourserver.yourdomain.net',
    'protocol' => 'pop3',
    'port' => 110,
    'folders' => '',
    'namespace' => '',
    'maildomain' => 'yourdomain.net',
    'realm' => 'yourdomain.net',
    'preferred' => ''
);

To allow users to put some data, go in conf.php and edit thi section:

// Should we display a list of servers (defined in config/servers.php)
// for users to choose from? The options are 'shown', 'hidden', and
// 'none'. If the server list is hidden then you can use the
// 'preferred' mechanism to auto-select from it based on an HTTP
// virtualhost or another piece of data. If it is shown, the user will
// be able to pick from any of the options. If none, no server list
// will be shown and the defaults will be used unless another
// mechanism changes them.
$conf['server']['server_list'] = 'none';

// If we are not using the server list, should we allow users to type
// in a mail server?
$conf['server']['change_server'] = true;

// If we are not using the server list, should we allow users to
// select the mail server's port?
$conf['server']['change_port'] = false;

// If we are not using the server list, should we allow users to
// select the mail server's protocol?
$conf['server']['change_protocol'] = false;

Bye
Paolo