[imp] High Availability / Load Balancing

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Dec 17 20:42:49 PST 2002

Zitat von Lee <lee@disinfo.com>:

> Theoretically, when a user adds an attachment (uploads it), horde could
> create an array called attachments[1] = "path/to/file/uploaded" (like
> wise for a 2nd, 3rd etc... attachments). When the use then clicks the
> send button, the send funtion(s) try to attach the files that are store
> on the server. If the files are not there, horde just uses its
> attachments array to re-upload the files and attach them.

This won't work, because the uploaded file only exists directly after the
upload. That's exactly the reason why we move the file to a separate place.

If attachments are your only problem, you can store them on an NFS mount our
use Horde's VFS backend to store them in an SQL database for example.

Jan.