[imp] IMP 3.1 / user@domain.ext on virtual domains

Tobias Eigen tobias at kabissa.org
Tue Dec 17 22:31:27 PST 2002

Hi Hammad,

Thanks for the response.
> Let me get this straight, you want all your 500 domains to access their mail
> through a single URL: http://webmail2.kabissa.org and want them to login
> without
> having to enter their domain after username and also want them to have
> correct
> email address under their identity.

I do want users to log into IMP with username@domain.ext - but I want IMP to
strip the @domain.ext from the username before logging the user into the IMAP
server, because this is what IMAP is looking for. The username@domain.ext would
then still be used for prefs and for the default identity.

> If there is no way we can identify their domain for their email, then can't
> do
> it. There has to be something to identify their domain even if its
> transparent
> to them. URL is one way you can do it, entering domain info after username
> is
> another way but without it. NO WAY.
>

> Good Luck

Thanks - luck seems to be the order of the day. <grin>

I'm hoping this can be done through a custom vinfo hook. I just took a look at
the sample vinfo hook and don't even know where to start. Since you're such a
good programmer, do you think you can help?

Cheers,

Tobias