[imp] Large attachments get delivered separated

Tornoci Laszlo torlasz at xenia.sote.hu
Wed Dec 18 15:05:53 PST 2002

Hello,

I have a RedHat 8.0 box with Horde 2.1, IMP 3.1, php-4.2.2-8.0.5 rpm,
apache httpd-2.0.40-11 rpm. It works fine with small attachments, but
larger ones (greater than around 1M) get delivered in a separate mail
message. The recipient gets 2 messages with the same subject line, one
having the text + a 0 size attachment, the other without text with the
correct attachment. At the same time, only the first one gets copied into
the sent-mail folder. This is very confusing to my users, they get the
impression that the attachment didn't get through. This happens only
if I send mail through IMP, mail sent using an IMAP client behaves
correctly.

How can you get IMP to keep the attachment with the mail, even for large
files?

Another question: which parameters must be set in order to be able
to send messages with attachments up to 10M total size?
I know about:
LimitRequestBody	in /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf,
upload_max_filesize	in /etc/php.ini

What else needs to be set and what values are suggested?
(Yes, I looked at the archives, but the answers were not very
clear about other parameters.)
                                          Yours: Laszlo

Laszlo L Tornoci                            Inst Pathophysiology
E-mail: torlasz@xenia.sote.hu               Semmelweis Univ Med School
        torlasz@net.sote.hu                 Nagyvarad ter 4.
fax:    (36-1)-210-4409                     Budapest, H-1089, Hungary