[imp] load balancing / temporary files..

robert sand rsand at d.umn.edu
Wed Dec 18 08:38:31 PST 2002

In the round robin dns setup once you get on a server you stay on that server
therfore your aspell files will be on the server you are on at all times.  It is
not a true load balance were all processes are shared over a number of servers
but it tries to spread users over many servers.  The thinking is that if all
users use the service the same way one user is the same as any other and would
not overload a server with any more processes than any other user.

--
Robert Sand.
mailto:rsand@d.umn.edu

"Walk behind me I may not lead, Walk in front of me I may not follow,
  Walk beside me and we walk together"  UTE Tribal proverb.