[imp] IMP 3.1 / user@domain.ext on virtual domains

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Wed Dec 18 06:49:15 PST 2002

Quoting Amith Varghese <amith@xalan.com>:

 | > Isn't the above the result what you would get just by logging in as
 | > user@foo.bar and having realm=kabissa.org?
 |
 | for the most part, but they don't really need the @kabissa.org.  The realm
 | needs
 | to be set to whatever the user entered with their login.  But the problem
 | exists
 | because the user is now considered user@foo.com when all Tobias wanted was
 | "user".  I think my previous solution might work, but its a little wacky.

This seems like hacking around the hosting company's hack.  Courier-imap
using virtual domains defaults to user@vdomain.com for login, AFAIK.  That
is what Tobias wants but the hosting company seems to be preprocessing the
login info somehow to determine if user is user@domain.com or user@domain2.com.

I think Tobias might want to test your solution and if it doesn't work,
I think it is time to talk to the hosting company and see what they are
doing with the login.  They just may have direct access to courier-imap
with user@domain.com but don't offer it because most customers only want
to type their uid without the domain.

ed