[imp] PGP problems

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Fri Dec 20 12:01:48 PST 2002

| I just fixed a bunch of varying problems in the PGP/SMIME code. Things
| work
| a bit better now, and I don't have any syntax errors showing up now.
| However:
|
| 1. I still have several messages that I can't read unless I view source.
| They are signed, so I ought to be able to see the text even if the
| signature
| isn't verified. I have public keyserver support turned off because it
| hangs
| pretty much every time for me.
|
| 1a. REALLY weird: If I set $conf['utils']['gnupg_keyserver'] = '' instead
| of
| false, then it works.
|
| 2. I noticed that some encrypted messages, if I view the message I just
| get
| a part with "no text in this message part"; if I click on it, I'm
| prompted
| for my passphrase and I can view the decrypted part. Why doesn't this
| display inline? mime_drivers.php is completely the defaults (except for
| allowing html inline).

Working on this... see:
http://lists.horde.org/archives/dev/Week-of-Mon-20021216/007557.html

Mainly, it's because renderMIMEPart() won't work properly because that
function was designed to build a message from IMAP server data and then
build a summary list.  Instead, we need a function in
IMP_Contents::/MIME_Contents:: that will build a message exclusively from
MIME_Part information and will display all summary information (e.g. parts
that can't be displayed inline, download links) in the text output.
Additionally, we have to set up a system (or modify the existing system) to
work for viewing the PGP data in a separate window - this can probably be
accomplished using caching.

Essentially, the current MIME_Viewers work fine if the information is on
the IMAP server - not as well if the information is dynamic.  I/we need to
fix this up.

michael