[imp] Is there a way to convert my filter rulez back?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Mon Dec 23 04:15:19 PST 2002

Quoting Hans de Groot <imp@dandy.nl>:

| Hi,
|
| After spending months on trying to figureout how to get attachments to
| work with
| imp cvs. (I got other php programs to work with the c-client en the new
| php but
| imp simply refuses to work and I seem to be the only one with the
| problem) I
| moved back to imp 3.1
|
| This was a project on itself but now it's running again and attachments
| work here.
| Only the filters are lost, I also lost them when I upgraded to the cvs
| imp. When
| I look in the mysql database the prefs data for the filters looks the
| same but
| it looks complicated so I cannot figureout the difference and how to
| possibly
| convert them back again.

Filters are not compatible between IMP 3.x and IMP HEAD.  The data
structure changed between the two versions.

If you want to switch back to IMP 3.x from HEAD someone will have to write
a script to do this (not me).  Information on the data structure in HEAD
can be found in imp/lib/Filter.php.  Information on the data structure in
IMP 3.x will have to be determined by looking at the code - this is pne of
the reasons why I rewrote the filter code in the first place :)

michael