[imp] Great Work, and Thanks!

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Fri Dec 27 12:07:11 PST 2002

Just wanted to drop a quick note to the developers about a recent experience.

I have tried enabling pgp support since it was available. To be honest, I don't
know much about pgp, but I belong to a few user group mailing lists and every
once in a while someone would post a message that was signed. Unfortunately, I
had many problems (from error messages to what I believe to be timeouts that
Chuck has referred to), so I just disabled it.

Somewhere in the update from last night or this morning (I hadn't updated in
probably two weeks or a month), the text of pgp signed messages stopped
displaying for me. I get a message that says the email was digitally signed with
pgp and that pgp support has not been enabled, but no text. Clicking the "view
source" link displayed the text of the email, though.

On a whim, I went into options and enabled pgp support (during which I
discovered that I needed to update pear and install the Mail_Mime package, which
was probably my problem all along).

So far, everything has worked very well. The digital signatures are being
successfully verified, and I've had no errors or lock-ups (I have pgp public key
servers disabled).

I just wanted to send a note to say thanks, and keep up the *great* work!
Rick