[imp] Snapshot: What's a bug, what have I screwed up, what's not done?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Jan 3 17:26:38 PST 2003

Quoting Rob Brandt <bronto at csd-bes.net>:

> General question: Are the snapshots generally to be considered
> useable?

They are provided completely as is. There is no guarantee that they won't be
generated midway through someone's commit, or during a heavy work phase
where things are broken, etc. However, they seem to be working for a bunch
of people, and CVS HEAD, which they're generated from, is generally useable
and stable if you keep up with it.

> I can get into IMP, it diplays mailboxes OK, but when I try to
> view a message I get an error:
>
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getcharset() in
> /var/www/html/horde/imp/lib/MIME/Viewer/text.php in line 112

Sounds like a version mismatch, or out of date config files.

> Stepping back in to Horde itself, I've done all the configuration
> that I can.  I've had to change permissions of some files so that
> apache could write to the files.  In Administration, there are
> links for user, groups, permissions, PHP Shell, and SQL Shell.
> Clicking on any of the links shows nothing.  Is this no yet
> implemented, or have I got something wrong?

You have something wrong. You're also asking lots of questions in the wrong
places; this is the IMP list. General horde questions and kronolith
questions, etc. all have their own lists.

> With all these, I'm guessing that I'm missing a big chunk of
> something, but don't know what.

Aside from it sounding like your versions don't match and you have a lot of
out of date configuration files, I can't tell from the information you've
provided, either.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"People ask me all the time what it will be like living without otters."