[imp] Setting charsets on outgoing messages

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sat Jan 4 15:03:48 PST 2003

A few times requested feature of IMP was to select the charset that outgoing
messages should have, independant of the current translation's charset.

This is necessary eg. for Japanese were the preferred html charset is
Shift_JIS but email messages need to be encoded in iso-2022.

With the charset conversion routine I've added, this would be possible now.
But as I also added UTF-8 support I ask myself if this is still necessary at
all. I'd like to rely on the fact that all recent mail clients (now even IMP
;-)) support UTF-8 encoded mails.

Any more opinions?

Jan.