[imp] Horde/IMP Authentication

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sun Jan 5 19:28:44 PST 2003

Quoting Tony Garcia <tony at cloudg.com>:

> Now, what about authentication?  I configured the $conf['auth']['driver'] =
> 'ftp'; entry in the horde.php.  What am I missing here?

The rest of the configuration, so it knows how to do the ftp auth?

> I thought by setitng
> it to 'ftp' then any ftp users would be able to log in, but I still can't bet
> past the login page.

See above/below.

> I also configured $conf['auth']['params'] = array('myserver.com'); to no
> avail.

Try something like (untested):

$conf['auth']['params'] = array(hostspec=>'myserver.com', port => '21');

> Any help would be appreicated.

Also make sure it can actually connect to the ftp server (no firewall/wrapper
issues, ftp access rules are okay, etc).  Also make sure that your php
has the ftp extensions enabled.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics