[imp] Horde/IMP Authentication

Tony Garcia tony at cloudg.com
Sun Jan 5 19:37:00 PST 2003

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:

> Also make sure it can actually connect to the ftp server (no
firewall/wrapper
> issues, ftp access rules are okay, etc).  Also make sure that your php
> has the ftp extensions enabled.

Thanks Eric.  When PHP was installed the --enable-ftp option was used, so
I'm assuming ftp extensions are enabled.

> Try something like (untested):
>
> $conf['auth']['params'] = array(hostspec=>'myserver.com', port => '21');

I tried that, but still can't get it to work.

What's the easiest way to authenticate users?  Right now I've got users
using a POP3 account to retreive their mail; anyway to to implement this
into IMP?  I'll take whatever works. :-)

Thanks again,

Tony